Thursday, June 25, 2009





The bottom four photos are of the awesome mohawks I gave the boys last Sunday. I took their photo and then finished buzzing them off. Except for Corben. He begged me to let him keep his, and since he knows the best way to get what he wants is to argue with me until I'm exhausted, I relented. I told him he could keep it for a week. He's already sick of it because he can't get it to stand up, plus he hates using gel (as you can tell from the photos, he thinks he's really hilarious).

The top picture is of poor little Zacky. I think he looks more pathetic than Lance with his broken arm! He fell off of his friend's bike tonight. Again, THANK GOODNESS FOR HUSBANDS! Jeremy got to Zack first, and when I realized what was going on I covered my eyes. Covered my eyes, people! Are you kidding?! I waited until Jeremy got him all cleaned up and assessed if he needed stitches or anything before I dared look at him. I mean, I'm the mother of six boys. I can't believe anything can still phase me!

So I wanted to tell you about my evening yesterday, because it's pretty comical (in hindsight), and I bet you've all been in a similar situation. It begins with our clothes dryer breaking down on Monday. Bad, bad news with a big family most of whom change their outfit five times per day. So by yesterday I desperately needed to get some laundry done. I teach an exercise class at my gym on Wednesday nights, so I thought I'd combine that with a trip to my dad's to put a load of clothes into his dryer (I debated posting about this. Now he'll know it was my kids this time, and not Kira's, who trashed his house). Leaving my house in a hurry like I usually do I grabbed my exercise shoes and threw them in the van and drove in my socks. When we got to my dad's the three little kids were sleeping, so I left them in the van with Corben watching them while I ran in to put the clothes in the dryer. Since I was leaving all the van doors open I just hid my keys in the van (I ALWAYS forget where I leave them when I'm at someone's house, so this makes it easier). While I was inside, Lance was fiddling with the van's buttons (I found this out later). So I got the twins into the house, went back out, got the sleeping Zack, and pushed the button to automatically shut the sliding door. As it clicks shut, I hear it lock. Oh. Crap. So basically I have twenty minutes until my class starts, my ipod with my class music, as well as my WORKOUT SHOES!!! are locked in the van. I ran over to Gayla's to see if she could run me to the gym. She wasn't home. So I called Kira and THANKFULLY caught her as she was on her way to my class. So she sped over to pick me up, following behind the world's slowest drivers, of course. Well, none of this solves the problem of the fact that I have no shoes on. I am racking my brain. Well, here's what I came up with. I am soooooo embarrassed to tell you. And again, I debated on posting this because my dad will be so disturbed on so many levels about this information. I wore my dad's Nikes. Thankfully (in this instance only) I have always had huge feet and my dad has (sorry) petite feet. So they were only slightly too big. But still!! I mean, sick (for him)! So I was only like three minutes late to my class, and luckily I had the foresight to KNOW something like this would happen someday and I put my exercise class music on Kira's ipod, so I was able to use that. Jeremy picked me up from the gym and took me to unlock the van. All's well that ends well!

3 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Ok, I have to share this; please forgive me if I cause embarrassment. Switch picture 2 and 3 around and notice what the finger is doing in the picture. I'm sorry it just makes me laugh!

Now to your post: Good thing you have family who will come pick you up when you're locked out of your car. If you haven't already, read the post titled "The Wife is always right" from my blog about our incident with being locked out of our car.

PS I am making NO guarantees- but if you are in Kaysville for the 4th (at your Dad's/parade/etc) I will try to come see you. If not, I will for SURE arrange a time in August when I will be there for a longer period of time.

Kelly said...

For Corben's benefit, I just have to clarify that he made me take those pictures like that. He's WELL aware of what it looks like (like I said, he thinks he's funny).

The Steffensen's said...

Heavenly Father blessed you with big feet, since He's all knowing and knew this day would come that you'd need big feet. See all this time you've been complaining and it was a blessing for June 25, 2009(I'm going to leave out how if you'd been blessed with smaller feet you could have borrowed one of my thirty pairs of workout shoes).

Poor Zackaryias! That doesn't even look like him!

PS I made you download that music onto my iPod, so your welcome.