Saturday, June 13, 2009


Do you guys know who Joel McHale is?  He hosts "The Soup" on the E! (or, as Joel says, the "eh") channel.  Well, I got to go see him last night at Abravanel (or, as Joel says, A Brave Anal) Hall!!  He was so so stinking hilarious!  I love him so much.  It's the first time in my life I was willing to spend big bucks to go see someone perform (well, when I was a teenager I desperately wanted to see New Kids on the Block and Nelson, but my parents wouldn't let me).  It was so worth it.  His opening act was a guy name Brooks McBeth, who was almost as hilarious as Joel.  Even Jeremy was busting up.  This guy got me through some major postpartum depression three years ago!  

So when we first walked in there was a little stand selling his t-shirts.  I wanted one real bad.  We decided to have a closer look and if they were like ten or fifteen bucks I would've bought one.  We hear the worker say they're $25, but then she says Joel will sign it!!  I was beside myself!  I start marching Jeremy to the line and then we hear the girl say, "Cash only."  What?!  Who carries cash in this day and age?!  We start rummaging through Jeremy's wallet and my purse.  Counting the five dollar bill Jeremy found on the ground on our walk there, we had seventeen dollars.  I was the saddest person in the world!  I kept telling Jeremy to just run and find an ATM, it's okay if he's a few minutes late for the show.  No deal.  I didn't get the t-shirt. :(  Huge bummer!!  But it was still the most exciting night ever!  Thanks, Kira, for watching my kids for five hours.  I love you Joel!!!!

4 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

You ought to get V his own account for his comments:) Oh...and...that's funny because yours is not the only blog I've read that went to see Joel. But can you imagine if I was reading this and you had actually bought a shirt for TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS! Let me just say, this post makes me happy, and it has nothing to do with eh or A Brave Anal and everything to do with not having $25 cash!!! For a t-shirt!!! Unless he was going to sign it in diamonds...

The McKinnons said...

Ha, ha, ha! I felt the same way at Walmart last night. For some reason the machine wouldn't accept any of our cards. I don't know if it was because we were in Cali. You know sometimes when you try to use your card in a different state it won't accept it because it thinks you stole it or something. So there I am rumaging in my Wallet and all i have it $2. And I am thinking I should really keep some cash on me for situations like these. Then heaven smiled down on me and I remebered I had these dumb rebate cards from the day after thanksgiving that I had gotten from Staples, radio shack, etc. You know they used to just send you a check for the rebate and now they put it on these stupid cards that most of the time won't work at places. So I gave the lady all of the cards and yeah, the rebate cards work. Ahhhh, relief. Anyways sorry for the long explanation, but I was trying to say I totally understand when you really want to have cash and have no cash. So glad you had a good time. You will have to tell us all about it at book club.

Heidi said...

If you don't have extra cash on hand then you must not be addicted to Diet Mt. Dew. I always make sure to have a stack of crisp $1 on hand when a craving hits. How come I had no idea you even had a blog? :0)

Kim said...

Kelly! i ran across your blog and i love that you love Joel!!! i was there too.... i love joel. !!