Sunday, August 2, 2009

What a fun weekend this was! On Friday afternoon Jeremy took all seven kids (ours, plus my nephew Dallin who is staying with us for the summer) on our ward campout, while I stayed behind and hung with my sisters. I couldn't go because there was no room for another person in the van. It has nothing to do with the fact that I hate camping worse than life itself! I really wish I could love camping, because Jeremy and all the kids love it. But I just hate everything about it. Does anybody know what I can do to enjoy it more, short of getting an RV? Anyway, here are some pics from the campout:



This morning I got up bright and early and picked Kira up for yard sales. It was so fun, as usual.

This afternoon we all went to my dad's wedding reception and had a lot of fun with more visiting. All of my siblings were there. It was great!

Kira and I showed up unknowingly wearing the same new Kohl's $5 top. How embarrassing! Luckily we picked different colors. She decided to experiment and go with the black. ;)

The reception was at a church. I didn't see my kids the whole time, but thankfully they all remained in one piece. And they didn't even destroy the church! (that I know of). They were as good as gold. They absolutely loved the chocolate fondue fountain. It was hilarious seeing the twins dip their own treats. I didn't think about the fact that they were all wearing their white church shirts, which they will need tomorrow. Sure enough, every single one of them got chocolate all over their shirt. I was able to sneak them into the wash in between the eighteen loads of camping wash I'm trying to do. Thank you, Spray 'n Wash! The stains came out!





1 comment:

The Steffensen's said...

Black definitely looks good on me. I may have to try it again sometime.

The pictures turned out so beautifully. And lucky. I won't know if Detmer's stains come out until about 2012.