Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jeremy turned 35 last Sunday. My husband is old! Halfway to 40! Eeeekk!!

I have a confession: I'm not the best wife. I'm actually... quite sucky at it. I'm like Jan on "The Office" was to Michael.

Here are some of the things I love most about/to do with Jeremy:

He is sooo patient with me. No matter how evil I am toward him he forgives me in a second. He has never ONCE held a grudge in the entire time I've known him.

He is an excellent provider. He has a good job and I love that he loves that I can be home with our children.

He pretty much solely handles our finances. I HATE stuff like that, and I know I can trust him completely to take care of things.

His mad goalie skills.

Getting completely hooked and addicted to shows after they come out on DVD, so we can watch them 24/7. Previously "Lost," currently "The Office," upcoming is "Dexter."

He is a handyman! He can, and loves to, fix anything around the house. It is so nice to have a husband with this valuable skill.

Getting Reese's Blizzards after the kids are in bed, and trying not to get caught by them.

He loves our children. They love him.

He is so attentive regarding the childrens' activities/sports. He will schedule work around parent-teacher conferences, he gets home early when need be for sporting events, he makes sure he is very involved.

Playing co-ed soccer together. I love hearing him barking orders at me from across the field.

He doesn't EVER judge me when I break/lose our children.

He does whatever I want.

He does all of the yard work.

He has never and would never put me down.

5 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Sounds like you got a good one :)
When did you guys play co-ed soccer together?

//slip said...

Just for the record 1/2 way to 40 is actually 20, so I was there a long time ago :)
Also, your confession is not correct, you are a good wife, and I love you for it.
As for the blizzards, I'm not sure what you're referring to ;)

Melissa said...

What a sweet post! I was just talking with your bro and sis-in-law about what a great guy your husband is, and what a beautiful, little (I mean big :) family you have. Reading your blog really makes me miss he good ole days when we lived by each other and had nothing better to do than to upset our parents - ha, ha, ha! I hope that I will be in Utah before too long so we can get together and catch up in person! Oh, and Happy Birthday to Jeremy (Richard hits the big 35 this year, too)!

The Steffensen's said...

That Jayois is such a charm. We are so lucky to be married to men who can are such great fixer uppers!

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy!

I love the comment that he does not get mad at you if you break or lose your children. That made me laugh.

We have done the same thing with The Office and Lost. We watched the first season of Dexter when it was on regular TV. We may have to get the other seasons on DVD. I am dying to watch season 5 of Lost.