Saturday, July 25, 2009

So I guess I better give Kira the big thank you she's been waiting for. At her encouragement (force), I signed up to run with her and my dad in the Deseret News 10K on the 24th. As much as I was dreading the run and getting up at 3:30 a.m., I feel so great about having done it. I think my goals for the race were the same as most average people who decide to give running a go: finish the race and don't walk, if possible. And I did it! I wanted to die, but I did it! I feel really good about my time as well. It wasn't fabulous by any means, but for me, who did my very first 5K just three years ago, it was awesome. I did it in one hour and three minutes. I would love to work towards improving that and doing more 10Ks. Unfortunately, Kira now has a bee in her bonnet to do a half marathon. I think she's on her own for that one! (just get Dave to come with and prance alongside you, not breaking a sweat or losing any breath). My dad, who is 56 and also just started running three years ago, finished ahead of me. Go Dad!

Here's me and my two BFFs, my cute sisters Kira and Cami. We're at our cousin Anna's wedding which was last week. Cami is here from Taiwan for the summer, and we have been having a blast together. Where would I be without these girls?! I love them so much. We have had the BEST time eating out at Grossias (ha ha), having our game nights, YARD SALING, and lots and lots of visiting. It has been such a fun summer. Cami's son Dallin is staying with us and my kids are LOVING that.

Here's one with my cute little bro as well:

I just love my siblings. They are the best! My other cute little bro will be in town next weekend so hopefully we'll get more pictures.

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

That's an awesome time for your race! Go for the half marathon- if I lived closer I would train and run it with you. Btw- I am in town this week. If you hurry and tell me when your available I will make time to see you :)

The Steffensen's said...

I am so glad that we are BFF's and love each other so much. It is just so amazing that we are so incredibly close:)

I am so excited to run a half marathon with you!!! First prize for sure!!!