Saturday, July 11, 2009

I took my kids to Lagoon yesterday - by myself, yay me - and we had a great time. We got there right when they opened, which was a great idea. We got to walk right onto several rides before it got a bit more crowded. The crowd never got bad, though. It was the perfect day to go. The weather was hot, but thank goodness for the day Lagoon got smart and put that fountain at the entrance. The kids and I stopped by there three times throughout the day to get wet and cool off. Corben and Trevor went off by themselves for several hours to go on the big rides, while I took the other four on the smaller rides. Luckily they all grew a ton since last summer, so Lance got to ride some of the bigger rides he's been wanting to go on, and the twins finally fit on the kid rides that have a height limit. I couldn't believe how fearless the twins were. There was no ride they were too scared of. The kids even let me watch one of the music shows, which was really neat. Jeremy met up with us in the evening when he was done working and brought us some pizza. It was a great day, and greatest of all when we have big days like that, the kids all went to bed and slept like logs!






So Kira and I go to yard sales every week. We're pretty obsessed with it. We're in the process of writing a book about yard sale etiquette (so far it's only written in our heads, but still). So I often bring the kids home random things that I think they'll like or need, so eventually they started giving me suggestions about what to look for. So yesterday I asked the three older boys if they wanted to join me today, and they were game. We didn't have much success (as will be in my book, some days you find loads of great deals, others you come home empty-handed), but it was sure fun taking them. They got a beginner's lesson on the art of yard saling, and I think they had fun. I guess I'll find out next week when I ask if they want to go again. Kira was camping, but Cami was up for going so we picked her up. The kids were excited to spent a little extra time with Aunt Cami. Especially because her favorite activity is eating out, so we were forced to go to Subway after yard sales!

3 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Oh, your boys are so cute- and I'm not being cliche when I say that!

The Steffensen's said...

The boys are fortunate, because I think yard saling instinct is an inherited trait. I'm surprised a bunch of people haven't commented asking for a first edition copy of our book. Of course we'll have to sell it for a quarter, since those who shop at yard sales are always looking for a bargain!

Janelle said...

It is so fun to see your cute family! It has been WAY too long. We do talk about you guys and how we should see you, but life gets really complicated and hard and we don't want to drive WAY up there to your house.

Anyway...I can't believe you have a blog! I remember having a long conversation with you about how you should have a blog. You said you had no idea how to use they computer to do that. So I did give you my blog address before AND it is on every Christmas card I have sent out for the last three years. So you can't say that I didnt try to tell you about it.