Thursday, September 10, 2009

We did it! After twelve years, we are diaper free!! Oh, the freedom! Here's how it happened: The twins were invited to be in a neighborhood playgroup. None of the moms cared if the kids weren't potty-trained, but I decided to seize the opportunity. Tuesday was the first day, so I got Jace all prepared to go with his backpack and other supplies, and explained to Brody that they don't allow kids who wear diapers to come. He was devastated. I was VERY close to giving in and letting him go, because it was so heart-breaking. But thank heavens I stuck to my guns! I took Jace, alone, and dropped him off at the playgroup, then I went jogging. By the time I got home Brody was sitting on the toilet, having gone #1 and #2. And he has done perfect since then, not one accident!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Way to go. Diaper free is so, so nice :)

Janelle said...

Dude, I need to do that.

The Steffensen's said...

Not many people can say they once had four children in diapers.

Poulsen Family said...

I'm sorry but 12 years of diapers doesn't make me look forward to motherhood!

The McKinnons said...

Wow, I would have given in! You are stronger than I am. Way to go!

Heidi said...

I can only imagine what that feels like. I hear boys are harder to potty train than girls so I'll need tips soon :)