Thursday, September 17, 2009

I LOVE going to the library.

Let me rephrase that. I love going to the library BY MYSELF. I love reading and always have a book that I'm working on. Lest it sound like I'm bragging about how smart I am, just understand only my nearest and dearest know the caliber of books I read. Can anyone say Nancy Drew? I read purely for entertainment purposes; I'm not trying to learn anything! Anyway, the book I'm currently reading is Bridget Jones' Diary. It is EXCELLENT. I've never seen the movie so I don't know how it compares, but I LOVE the book. I'm nearly done with it, and yesterday I realized I don't have my next book lined up yet. PANIC. (Like I said, I HAVE to be reading something, at all times). I realized that they were doing story time at the library so I asked the little kids if they wanted to go. Of course they did. Miraculously, they sat through about three of the stories. When I could tell they were getting restless I gathered them up and told them I just needed to find one book. Well, that was too much to ask. They were running full speed all over the place, taking random books off the shelves, just being complete maniacs. So we ended up leaving bookless. Little turds. So tonight Jeremy took all the little kids with him to Lance's soccer game and I dropped Corben off at football. On my way home I realized I have a good half hour all to myself. I giddily changed course and hurried to the library. I was in heaven. I got to browse through the computer, trying to find a book that suits my fancy. I get this feeling every time I get to go to the library by myself. It is the BEST. I'm not spending money, but I'm still coming home with a treasure (I'm not someone who buys books. I must admit, I don't understand spending $10 and up when you can borrow it free. Except maybe in the case of the Twilight books, with the waiting list being ten miles long. Still didn't buy it, though. Waited patiently. Was hard.). And getting to take the time to browse because I'm there by myself is priceless! Thanks for taking the kids, J!

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

What book did you end up getting?

The Steffensen's said...

I could have written this post, but instead of Nancy Drew I would have put, mmm, probably teen lit. I also would have omitted the part about it being hard waiting for the Twilight books (snooze). But the children pulling books off the shelf...shudder...I'd rather grocery shop for ten hours with the children then a two minute trip to the library.