Monday, July 12, 2010

Good job getting the computer fixed, Jeremy. Still waiting for our millions of photos to get put back on the computer, but until then, a bit about summer.

I've discovered that the only way to survive the summer is to keep the kids busy. Sure, my house, laundry, and cooking suffers, but that's easy to deal with compared to whiny, fighting kids. We've definitely been putting our Lagoon season passes to full advantage. We've also gone swimming, fun times with neighbors, and had a really fun 4th of July. When all else is lacking, we put out the pool in the backyard, or watch a movie in the basement to escape the heat.

I know everyone's met my best friend, Intention. Intention's job this time was that I was going to set aside some time every day for reading, and for the school boys to work on math. So far it has been done, let me think, zero times. Are there people out there who actually keep up on school work during the summer? If there are, I don't think I want to meet them.

1 comment:

The Steffensen's said...

What the...an update???

We wake up, practice reading, writing, and some simple math (beginning trig). Kendall works on her potty-training while Allie and Detmer perfect their spanish and french, then Allie gets an early start on making dinner while Detmer does some laundry and straightens up the house and Kendall vacuums. What's so hard about that?