Monday, November 2, 2009


Our Halloween was awesome. Friday night was our annual Halloween dinner. I stole the idea from my friend Gayla who's been doing it for years. I usually do soup, but since our ward party was the next day and they were doing soup, I tried something different. Didn't work out too great. Some of the food choices were not really to my kids' liking, but the hot dogs wrapped with strips of dough to look like mummies were a hit. My kids would probably eat paper if it were wrapped around a hot dog. Oh, and I have to brag about my inner Martha Stewart, which makes an appearance about once per year, whipping up these babies:

They're oreo ball spiders, and were sooo delicious.

Here's everybody decked out for trick-or-treating:

This is the first year I have dressed up since I was a teenager. It was really fun. If you can't tell, we have a variety of superheroes (Batman, Spiderman, Power Ranger), a vampire, and a zombie skater. Corben decided not to dress up this year, since he's so ugly it already looks like he's wearing a mask.

This was the first Halloween ever that we didn't stay all together. We go to Kaysville every year and trick-or-treat with Kira and her fam in our old neighborhood, but the older kids really wanted to go with their friends this year, so Jeremy stayed behind and I took the three younger ones to Kaysville. The older kids couldn't have been happier. They got twice as much candy as they normally do.

1 comment:

Poulsen Family said...

Way to go Martha. I've had those oreo balls before; talk about a sugar high!