Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oooohhh, I hate technology.  Nnooott as much as you you see.  But IIIII still hate technology.  Now and forever.

It's true, I hate it so much.  I first started a blog because I'm real lazy about writing in my journal so I thought oh, it will be much easier to type all of our goings-on.  But all that happened was I stopped writing in my journal all together because I'll record this or that event on the blog "tomorrow."  So now I have guilt about not  writing on the blog OR in my journal.  And it didn't help that when I finally logged on to blog after more than a month that the blog thingy had TOTALLY changed and I had to sit there and figure it out from scratch.  And also, I really like to have photos accompanying my posts but it takes me a good couple of days to figure out how to put a photo on.

Speaking of photos, I am even MORE bitter about the technological advancements in photography.  What I wouldn't give to go back to a 35mm.  I don't even remember the last time I've printed photos.  Hopefully all our photos from the last 5 years are on our computer somewhere, who knows.  And to think I complained about the hassle of deciding on which film to buy, taking it into Kmart and waiting TWO DAYS for it to get developed, deciding if I wanted double prints, etc.  What I wouldn't give to have that back.  When my poor grandkids ask to see old photos of their parents I'll have to gather them all 'round the computer and spend a couple of days trying to find them.

Kids well.  Will write about them "tomorrow."

2 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

Seriously-let's turn amish. Sure there are some positives. Like without technology, I wouldn't have my fabulous and successful business! But I'd give it all up to go back to simpler times. Sheesh when did we turn 98?

PS. I remember when that happened to my blog. RAGE!!!

Dev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.