Saturday, February 19, 2011

We took another fabulous family vacation to Disneyland last week. I'm still not recovered from having to come home. It was so fun! Jeremy really wishes we would expand our horizons and try and think of other vacation destinations, but I have no desire. I totally love Disneyland! I enjoy watching my kids' excitement, but I think I would have a blast being there by myself! My favorite rides are Alice in Wonderland and Small World, so much to everyone's chagrin I guilted them into coming with me. They were all troopers. Well, most of them were. Jeremy spent the entire Small World ride whining and making fun of the characters.

We had a nice hotel and of course the little kids loved that aspect of the trip almost as much as being at Disneyland. Just like last time, I got a real vacation because Jeremy did all of the laundry and tidying of the hotel. Most of all I just love the complete togetherness of being with my family. I can't figure it out, because of course there was a ton of fighting and disobeying, but there is just something about spending several days together with no other concerns that makes me love and appreciate my family even more.



On our last day at Disneyland we let the kids shop for a souvenir. For reasons I can't fully understand, Corben has been mildly obsessed with Kermit lately. So he obviously chose to buy a stuffed Kermit. He had been begging for it all week and was beside himself when we finally bought it. He wouldn't let it out of his sight. Anyway, on the drive home he was being a pest, so I reached back and grabbed Kermit out of his hands and stuck it on the dashboard. Jeremy then grabbed it and did this:

Kermit's leg was hanging out the window flapping like mad. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I had to laugh even harder when I turned and saw Corben's look of murderous outrage at what was being done.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Okay, it's official. You and my mom should go to Disney together...and be partners for It's a Small World...so the rest of us don't have to put up with that sad story of a ride. ;)