Thursday, August 19, 2010



I guess it's time I introduced the two newest members of our family. One year ago we had a disastrous first experience with getting a dog. It lasted for two weeks and then it was either he goes or I go. So imagine my surprise when I was out with my sisters one Saturday and Jeremy decided he'd take the kids and pick up TWO dogs. I was very disturbed at first, but I quickly realized that this would be nothing like last year's situation. The dogs are brothers and are so cute and well-behaved. By the time I got home the day Jeremy picked them up I was so surprised to see that even Brody and Jace had taken to them and were sitting down letting the dogs crawl all over them. I'm glad I got to experience that evil dog from last year because I'm convinced that I never would've taken to ANY dog if we hadn't gotten a "rock-bottom" dog first. It's taking time for us to bond, though. We took them to get neutered a few weeks ago and when I went to pick them up the assistant brought one of them out and held him up to me and said all cutesy-like, "There's your mommy!" That's when I realized I have a LONG way to go to become a true blue animal lover, because that statement made me shudder really bad. It's been going great, though. The kids all love them and they're a great addition. The best part is I can stop feeling guilty for making the kids get rid of the evil dog.


We get to have Allie and Detmer come over sometimes for sleepovers and the kids always have so much fun. One of their favorite things to do is take a bath. They especially love taking one in my big tub with lots of bubbles.

Detmer and Brody are scared of the bubbles, so they waited patiently until I could get them in the good old-fashioned kid tub.



They all love watching movies. Tonight they got to watch a movie on the big screen downstairs that Jeremy splurged on earlier this summer.

It's been a fun preview to the real fun when they get to have a big sleep-over tomorrow night at Grandpa Greg's house. They are all so excited for that! He has them all over once a month and they just love it (and, of course, so do the parents).

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad your little doggies are still being well behaved! I think you guys really hit the doggie jackpot with those two :)