Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy belated birthday to Jeremy. He turned 36, but age doesn't mean anything to us anymore. Since we both aged about 25 years when the twins were born, we can't believe we're still young enough to be in our thirties.

I'll just do a little bragging about him now. He's always known he wanted to go on and get his masters degree, and now that he feels he can finally do it without me heading to the insane asylum, he's gotten it started. He went for summer and is starting back for fall semester. He's done really well so far. His gift for bs-ing will really come in handy on his way to his degree.

He's also an assistant coach for Corben's football team, and seems to be really loving it. He takes Lance to practices and Lance is thrilled to have become one of the team's water boys. They practice every night for a couple hours and Jeremy has been very dedicated.

He's still working on base and doing everything he can to better his position. It's been a shock to his system to have a job that requires you to be there at a certain time in the morning, but he is long gone every morning before I even roll out of bed.

This is what I like the most about him: He knows when he really needs to be there for me. I have been really sad these past couple of days, and he has done everything to try and makes things easier for me. These are some of the things he's done the last couple of days that I couldn't tell you when the last time was that he did them: bathed the kids, cleaned the kitchen, rubbed my back, brushed the kids' teeth, and has just generally been doing whatever he can to make sure I'm okay. He even cancelled a fishing trip he had planned this weekend so he could stay with me.

I hate bringing this up because it makes me look bad, but I made him sell his motorcycle. The feeling came upon me suddenly and strongly that we needed to get rid of it, and though he loved that thing, he immediately gave in to my wishes. It was really hard for him, but I'm very happy to know that when I feel that strongly about something, he won't second-guess me. It was never even an argument, he was just sad about it. He had it sold within a month (I won't mention the two news articles I've read in the week it's been gone that were about fatal motorcycle accidents. Just more peace of mind that we did the right thing).

The last thing I will mention about his amazingness is SO amazing, that he doesn't even know it yet! Since Kira is going out of town this weekend, he is going to get up bright and early on Saturday and come to yard sales with me! Isn't he the greatest?


3 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

I'm so jealous about the yard sales. Please find me a bike for Det:) I already scored Frosty the Snowman and Living Scriptures.

I'm really proud of Jayois for being there for you and not ignoring the situation or your feelings.

The McKinnons said...

So I loved hearing about Jeremy and all the things he has been doing lately to help you out! Go Jeremy and Happy Birthday! And double wow to the yard sales adventure, I don't know if Trav would be up for that one. Why are you sad...do you need to talk! You

Diana said...

Just read Kira's post and wanted to express my love and concern for your family. We love and admire your dad and will keep you all in our prayers. My offer to Kira, is the same to you - if you need me.