Sunday, March 7, 2010

We just got back from our fabulous trip to Disneyland. I love family vacations and the temporary escape from every day tasks. To get it out of the way, I would first like to make a list of the unpleasant occurrences on the trip:

* Brody telling me I have a big butt.
* A Disneyland employee ruining my first night there by being a jerk. I took it as a bad omen, but the workers were wonderful the rest of the time.
* For the SECOND time, while on a family vacation, Jeremy forgetting his belt and us having to go to Walmart to buy him a new one.
* Seeing some girls in a fist fight in the Walmart parking lot.
* Having twins and only ONE of them is too short to ride several rides.
* Six boys who couldn't go 24 hours without fighting if you paid them.

Seriously, it was a magical week. We all had such a great time. I rode Winnie the Pooh with Brody and Jace no less than 25 times. They got super scared on Space Mountain, but other than that they loved everything. Zack was a little more brave than they were, but he still got a little freaked out on some of the rides, which surprised me. He always acts so invincible. Corben, Trevor, and Lance just wanted to get on as many rides as they could. We were able to go for five days, so we got to do everything we wanted, and then some.

I'm so glad we were finally able to take another big family vacation. There is nothing like the closeness you get to experience when there are no other distractions. And a big love and thanks to Jeremy for being such a hard worker to make it possible. It kind of sucked that he had to take a week off from his job when he had only been there a month, but they were really cool about it. I'm glad to be married to such an organized person. He made the trip run so smoothly, I literally didn't have to worry about a single detail (besides breaking up all the above-mentioned fights).

Some of my favorite pics from the trip:






3 comments:

Cami Seager said...

How fun! I am glad you had a good time. Did you fly or drive? Is the twin that said you have a big butt the same twin who told me I was ugly?

Janelle said...

Looks like fun. I am jealous! We still have not gone to Disney. I want to go when my youngest is about 3. So next year I guess.

The Steffensen's said...

Could the twin in the second picture BE any cheesier? It sounds so fun and I can't believe a Disneyland employee was rude. That's my favorite part, that the Disney employees are actually nice, unlike most amusement park employees (me and you excluded)!