Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yesterday Kira, Lindsay and I had our own personal Fitness Day. We basically spent the day at the gym. We've been trying to plan this for months and it finally came together. It went perfectly. We were all able to hang in from 9:00 in the morning until 8:00 at night, with a couple hours break in the middle of the day for lunch and visiting. It was a blast, and we all did so well and finished the day without quitting. What made it easier was that the day consisted mostly of classes at the gym. I can't say enough good about doing a class, as opposed to trying to go it on your own. It makes working out so much easier and more motivating.

Cycling

Body Step


Body Attack

Body Pump (this is my favorite gym instructor of all time, Natalie)

We also did Body Combat, boot camp, and a little bit of our own thing on the track. It was a great challenge for us and we felt so accomplished when we were done!

Jeremy was very considerate about staying home with the kids all day; didn't complain once. There were a couple of things I had been wanting to do for weeks now, and asked him if he could do them if he had time. One was to re-pot a plant that I got for my birthday. It was a Christmas clearance plant so it was in a Christmasy pot, and I have a nice pot I wanted to transfer it to. The other was to get the kids to write Christmas thank-you notes to their grandparents. Well, he accomplished both, in a man's way. The plant was, indeed, transferred. The original pot was round, and the new one is bigger and square. So there sat the plant in its perfectly circular shape of dirt, sitting in the big square pot. Not to be outdone was the effort put into the thank-you notes. He took three plain white pieces of computer paper and scrawled the names of the grandparents on the top, then had each child that can write scrawl an equally as attentive line, basically "Thank you for the present," written in pen or pencil. And sitting right there on the counter waiting for me to do the only hard part of that task; find envelopes, find stamps, address and mail them. But of course since I had been gone all day, and he HAD, technically, done what I asked, I couldn't very well get mad. I think I even mustered a half-hearted, "Thank you, Hun." It sure makes me wonder: Are men REALLY that simple-minded? Or do they just REALLY know how to play us women? It's like when you ask your 8-year-old child to clean the bathroom. It ends up more disgusting than when he started. Is the message I'm supposed to take from this, "That'll teach you to ask me to do such daunting tasks."?


5 comments:

The Steffensen's said...

Thanks for not mentioning the part about me falling.

I'm glad we were able to trade shirts and switch things up a bit there towards the end of the day.

LOL at Jayois. That sounds exactly right!

Poulsen Family said...

That sounds like the funnest activity! Call me the next time you do it (when I'm no longer pregnant).

Janelle said...

You are so awesome to do that all day! It is so good to know that I wasn't crazy. I was trying to figure out if you and your sister traded shirts or what. So I'm glad she cleared that up.

Yes I totally understand the giving tasks to people in my family. If I am not very specific it gets done a lot differently then I expect. I just have to grin and bear it most of the time. You and I live with a bunch of guys and they definately think differently don't they?

Oh- did Jeremy get Andre's message? He will try again one of these nights but if not- maybe Jeremy can remember to call. Egvenings are crazy so he just forgets.

The McKinnons said...

Haven't we learned at bookclub that you have to spell it out step by step by step for a man if you want the task done completely. They just don't think things through.

The Steffensen's said...

Please post the news.