Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In gym class this morning everyone was oohing & ahhing over this girl who had run a half-marathon last weekend. Well, I am forced to toot my own horn since I ran a self-organized, single person half-marathon a month ago. I decided to run to Zack's soccer game in Ogden. I didn't think I'd make it but figured I'd just have Jeremy & the kids pick me up on their way. Less than 2 1/2 hours later I was at the arena. I wore Jeremy's Garmin & I had gone 13 1/2 miles. I couldn't have been more proud. I couldn't even run a mile until I was 30. I repeated the same run again 2 weeks later. I want to enter an actual half-marathon so I can brag & get all the accolades, but I can't bare to pay the hefty entrance fees. Guess I'll purchase my own trophy.

2 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Way to go! Who cares about it being official. You know you did it and that's what really matters. Plus now I know you've done it!

Seriously, awesome!

The Steffensen's said...

Yeah, me and Courtney know you've done it and I'll be sure and tell Kathie and who else matters, really?